Fun & Games
Play games online
- ABCmouse- With 3.500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com's award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). Available from Library computers only.
- Be Internet Awesome with Google- Learn how to be a good Internet citizen!
- Cookie- Fun educational games for children ages 3-7, to learn to read with phonics, build skills in math, language, social studies, science and much more.
- Disney Online Games- Play a game starring your favorite Disney character.
- FunBrain- Educational games for kids in grades K-8. PLUS: Check out the Diary of a Wimpy Kid online comic book.
- Google Earth Games- Find fun quizzes and games! Where on Google Earth is Carmen San Diego?
- Harry Potter- Test your Harry Potter trivia.
- Pilkey Planet (Home Base)- Visit your favorite book characters in this interactive playground, with many games and more
- iCivics- Learn through play about the U.S government's processes, like policy-making, voting and more.
- Keyboarding Games for Kids- Learn to type.
- Mattel Games for Kids- Starring Barbie, Hot Wheels, and American Girls.
- NatGeo Kids- Many games and quizzes for nature lovers
- PBS Kids Games Central- Choose from many online games. Check out their social studies games as well!
- Poptropica- A virtual world of quests, stories, and games.
- Seussville- Play games, chat with the Cat in the Hat, and more.
- Tate Kids Art (Art Games)
Why play games?
Games are not only fun, but many are educational. They can assist in developing:
- spatial perception
- critical thinking
- interpersonal skills
- math and social studies knowledge
We also offer -
The Knights Realm Chess Club for kids meets select Mondays at 3:30 p.m. Check out our calendar for other this and other fun events!
Learn to play or challenge your friends. All levels welcome!
Chess is a universal game that teaches:
- understanding the consequences of actions
Plus, it's a lot of fun!
- Early Literacy Stations (AWE) are kid-sized computers packed with 50 educational software programs. These programs help with:
- reading skills
- problem-solving math and science skills
- art and music appreciation